If you’re like the majority of homeowners you don’t think too much about the parts of a refrigerator until it stops cooling, or unless it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be extremely useful to understand how it keeps food cool—and S.O.S. Santa Barbara Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn everything you should understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to call refrigerator repair Santa Barbara.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for a lot of years now. A residential refrigerator is able to store your food at the right temperature, to stop spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the inside of the unit to the outside, relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call S.O.S. Santa Barbara Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional company if the compressor is not working.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to disperse the warmth absorbed inside the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located in the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth held inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Right when an evaporator stops working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube that works as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, turning the gas back into liquid.
The thermostat exists to regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle when needed.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Santa Barbara for repair right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the cool down begins. The refrigerator collects the cool liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the warm gas towards the condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and returns to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues on its trip to the evaporator, pushing through the many coils within the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid then absorbs the warm air from inside the refrigerator, lowering the temperature until it has reached the optimal final point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and turns back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is found in a lot of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from one location and moving it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your house, creates a perfect space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require service? You can schedule an appointment with BRAND.
S.O.S. Santa Barbara Appliance Repair is able to service all common brands and models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed service technicians in Santa Barbara complete training to troubleshoot and repair cooling problems, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and countless other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working